5 tips to explore the Art Institute of Chicago
The Art Institute of Chicago is one of the most popular museums in the world. Originally a private art school and later an art museum, it has been open to the public since 1879. The Art Institute’s collection includes more than 300,000 objects including paintings, sculptures, prints & drawings from around the world. There are five ways you can explore this amazing institute!
– Art Institute of Chicago is free for Illinois residents every Thursday.
– Art Institute of Chicago offers guided tours at 12:30, 13:00 and 14:00 everyday.
– You can also join a tour online here! Just select your language, date and time to get started.
– The Art Institute’s collection includes more than 300,000 objects including paintings, sculptures, prints & drawings from around the world. There are five ways you can explore this amazing institute! Art Institute of Chicago offers guided tours at 12:30, 13:00 and 14:00 everyday. You can also join a tour online here! Just select your language, date and time to get started.
Where is the Art Institute of Chicago located?
The Art Institute of Chicago is located at 111 South Michigan Avenue in the City of Chicago.
– Visit their website for information on exhibitions or search their database with over 700 artists – past and present – who have exhibited work in any one of its seven curatorial departments (African Art; Asian Art).
What is the entrance fee at the Art Institute of Chicago?
The Art Institute of Chicago is free to Illinois residents and children under 12 years old, but a suggested donation of $25 for adults.
What are the hours?
Monday-Thursday: 11am–11pm (admission closes at 11pm) Friday & Saturday: 11am–12mn (admission closes at midnight). Sunday: 11am-11pm (admission closes at 11 pm). The Art Institute will open one hour early on select days during peak periods. Please check their website for more information.
How do I buy tickets in advance?
There are two ways to purchase admission tickets in advance – online or by phone!
Who do you recommend to visit the Institute?
The Art Institute of Chicago is a museum that holds one of the largest and most significant collections of art in America. It includes works from French, German, American Impressionist, African-American Art as well as Native American Art.
Some people may want to explore different parts or have limited time so we recommend they: Explore a specific area such as paintings by Georges Seurat – Head of ‘Miss Julie’ (You don’t need to see all this! Just pick something you are interested in!)
Explore what’s on now at the Art Institute with our current exhibitions list. Watch “Art Everywhere,” ARTView video series on YouTube for extended tours through select galleries.
What you should visit next: Shedd Aquarium.
GET A FREE INSTANT QUOTE
We are happy to provide you with an online quote on any mobile mechanic service you need. Just fill out the details and if you like the price, we can arrange the appointment straight away!